Assunto: Re: [Freedos-devel] Kernel 2035a HD format problem (Arkady's unstable version)
Data: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:36:52 +0300
De: Luchezar Georgiev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

What is the partition type - FAT32 LBA (a.k.a. FAT32X), or FAT32 CHS (a.k.a. FAT32)? My successful tests were with FAT32 LBA partitions. I didn't try FAT32 CHS.

BIOS setting is CHS (translation), FDISK shows FAT32 (not FAT32 L).

So, FAT32 LBA works but we have a problem with FAT32 CHS. Unfrtunately I can't test this here.

I recall that there was a problem formatting FAT32 CHS partitions. But I've forgotten what exactly so I re-checked my old messages dated August last year and saw that Johnson discovered this bug.

Abraços,
Lucho