Sorry for the cross-post, but I wanted to make sure people knew about the other list before I made changes.

I've noticed that traffic on several of our lists has decreased to the point of a trickle. It's been suggested to me that we try to consolidate lists, to re-invigorate discussion among FreeDOS developers and focus discussion to relevant development topics.

Closing down some of the lists in order to funnel new users into a common discussion area does seem to be a good move right now.

I copied the list traffic stats into a spreadsheet so I could look for trends. See http://www.freedos.org/jhall/temp/traffic/traffic.png

It's pretty clear that freedos-user, freedos-devel, and freedos-32-dev are our most active lists. The others have declined in traffic since about Sept 2004, if they had any traffic to speak of. That means the lists to close down would be freedos-devel-net, freedos-kernel, freedos-freecom, freedos-cvs, and fd-doc-list.

So, I'd like to close down these 5 lists, and just have all traffic go to freedos-devel. What do you think?

-jh

--
I'm sorry my president's an idiot. I didn't vote for him.