At 02:01 PM 8/18/2006 -0500, Jim Hall wrote:

> > Basically, what I'm asking for, and I can't believe I'm doing it, is for a
> > bit more time to pass, keeping the release based on feedback levels and
> > with an eye on a firm release date in a timely fashion.   Your original
> > announcement of a month should have worked fine where FreeDOS was when you
> > made it, but the act of the announcing changed all that.
> >

>Okay.  What do we think we're looking at here for us to be ready for our
>"1.0" debug?  Another month?  Two months?  Or is it more like "weeks"?

Personally?  I want another week to clear my schedule of incoming (and hope
there isn't a lot more) plus monitoring, and another week after that for
follow-up.  Currently I feel like I "should" get a release out the door
today, and frankly I'd like more time than that.  Then, maybe a couple
weeks of full FreeDOS 1.0 test?  I don't know, what do other open source
people usually leave golden release candidates at as a test window?  Others
involved in major open source projects would have a much better idea and
more education on the topic than me.

Your question could use input from the developer roster of folks here,
because I don't know their status, other than what I see about the kernel
and installation.  Anybody else out there in a development/support time
crunch?  If it's just me, then maybe a short week will do it if no major
complications.