But at least it helps if I know that ANY lib would be in certain path,
and I can adjust all my makefiles to it.
It is even worse if I have to be manually tunning makefiles everytime
I download new version for libraries.

A third option would be: ok, make both LIB and their H files under
SOURCE, but at least, allow to define some standard path as:

SOURCE\LIB
SOURCE\INC

for that.

Aitor