On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:41:26 -0500, you wrote:

Hi,

>I don't know about others, but I for one would find a udf driver
>*extremely* helpful.  Sometimes, when you have a cd/dvdR disk, it's
>tough to tell if it has anything on it, and being able to boot from
>such a disk would be worlds better than cramming a full system backup
>with only limited files to get you started on a cd, when you could
>store the entire boot opartition on a single disk if udf capabilities
>were available.

I've chat with Jack for UDF quite a long time ago, as I remember UDF
support not only make the UIDE a lot larger, but UDF is rather complex
and the logic may eat up lot of memory, also it's now not very popular
or urgent needed, since a CD/DVD image can be burn in a hybrid mode
(ISO+Joliet+UDF).

Jack did not consider it for some more reasons, sorry but I forgot.

>My vote is to do it. :)

Too bad he's been in bad mood now, being greatly disturb by his new
neighbors, he can't even have a good sleep, I'm sure he can't do any
programming right now.

>Of course, that's easy for me to say, I won't be the one writing the
>thing (I don't know enough about either assembly or udf formats to
>help with this one)
>hSure wish I did though.

All his drivers was really originated from his own use, he kindly
published them free for others, I feel it's good enough.

It's an extra work and burden to ask him for functions that he did not
use, such as USB support or UDF, a lot of specifications need to go
through and study, also have a lot of programmings, debug and
try-and-error.

If he found the time and interest, he may consider to add the
functions, but no promise and no guarantee.

Rgds,
Johnson.