Op 3-8-2011 23:05, Georg Potthast schreef:
> I did a test of this CD too. First I would suggest to make an El-Torito hard
> disk instead of using ISOLinux. DOS I feel should boot directly and not by
> booting a version of Linux first. I did my LifeCDs with FreeDOS just as an
> El-Torito hard disk with 10MB.

I wonder if IsoHybrid disks would work. Those are loadable (by MEMDISK)
as either ISO or Harddisk image. Not sure if CD drivers, ISO mounters
etc will like this either.

I should probably make a very flexible FreeDOS CD update batchfile right?

* single layer ( 1 ISO) or shell (ISO inside Isolinux)
* direct emulation
- floppy image (read-only thus, CDROM required as long as emulated A:)
- HDD image (same, but then C:)
* non-emulation mode
- grub
- isolinux
   - nothing (smallest)
   - custom (memtest+, iPXE)
   - memdisk (ramdisk)
     - floppy
     - HDD
     - ISO
     - Isohybrid

Deciding what should serve as floppy image source is interesting as well.