Hi Georg,

> I did a test of this CD too. First I would suggest to make an El-Torito hard
> disk instead of using ISOLinux. DOS I feel should boot directly and not by
> booting a version of Linux first.

Isolinux is not Linux. Isolinux is a boot menu which, among other
things, has the ability to boot Linux. There is no Linux in there.

> Then I have to mention that I cannot read the menu within 5 seconds and
> decide what to select. After 5 seconds the menu will run automatically into
> the install FreeDOS on hard disk branch.

That indeed is a risky default after such a short waiting time.

> And then wait forever to select the
> language. Therefore I would suggest to have no menu selection to be run
> automatically. Today, most people may use the CD to boot FreeDOS on a
> Windows7 PC and they do not want to install FreeDOS on the NTFS disk.

I agree.

> When I select "Use FreeDOS as LiveCD system.." and have a Flash disk
> inserted, the El-Torito Bootable CD-Rom driver results in the error:
> "JemmEX: exception 0D occured".

That is the good old general protection fault (GPF) that you also know
from Windows. Maybe it would be better to have NO *emm* style driver
loaded by default, as those tend to be hard for "one size fits all"
configurations. Modern BIOSes and other hardware and firmware fail to
announce reserved areas properly, *emm* enables UMBs, conflict, bang.

> When I have no Flash disk inserted it boots ok and the prompt is on drive F:
> However, when I enter "keyb gr" I get the error: "JemmEX: exception 06
> occured".

So maybe some "on-demand BIOS module for USB flash storage" is one of
those UMB conflict cases? But something else goes wrong with the keyb
driver as well - again, please try if skipping JEMMEX solves both :-)
Note that your BIOS typically decides about modules only at boot time.

> Further drive F: is called "FD11Setup". Drive A: is "FDOS11Setup". Now, when

Eric