Op 4-8-2011 1:00, c...@bttr-software.de schreef:
> So a program could be written which would determine what drive DOS was
> booted from, and which would then make that drive disappear (or move it
> elsewhere). Afterwards, it could move all following drives "down" to fill
> the gap. For example, if it detected DOS was booted from drive C, it could
> move that drive elsewhere and then move drive D (if it exists) to drive C,
> E to D, and so on. Similarly, if DOS was booted from drive A, then it
> could move the drive currently accessed as B to A. A similar method could
> be utilized to change the Int13 disk unit assignment.
>
> This program could then be utilized in CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT of a
> file system booted off a USB drive or as image from a CD, to correct the
> drive letter and disk unit assignments.
>
> In the case the USB drive or whatever wasn't booted from (but still is
> made to appear as unit 80h / drive C because of how the BIOS handles it)
> then the program would need to detect such drives somehow, or be
> instructed by the user on which drives to move.

http://www.bttr-software.de/products/drvexch/  I guess, written by you
or one of the other BTTR regulars? :)

I think it has a safeguard against C: though due to often-valid
assumption that people actually boot from C:

Perhaps Robert Riebisch knows more about the program as he hosts it.
Couldn't find a specific author.