Od: Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com>

Datum: 26. 1. 2013

Předmět: Re: [Freedos-devel] FreeDOS development sense

"Hi,

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:42 AM, Евгений Нежданов <copperm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I think it's great that you have these programs (editor and BASIC

>> interpreter) and are willing to share them under the GNU GPL. Where

>> can people download these programs to try them out on FreeDOS? Do you

>> have a website where you make these programs available to others?

> I does currently not have a website,

I assume you can still use (if desired) something like Google Sites or

SourceForge or Berlios or similar.

> but I can complete these programs

> and upload it's into the dropbox share folder for all for test case of

> the FreeDOS users & developers for get vote for them and so add it's

> into the ibiblio FreeDOS file hosting.

Adding to iBiblio is a good idea (assuming licenses are

open/free/libre). Just find a way to get it to Jim or me. (My main

computer is still temporarily down, but I managed to restore my

iBiblio access with old PuppyLinux key via VirtualBox VM. Tested with

uploading latest minor NASM update, it works.)

>> But I would ask that you not refer to DOS users as "DOS

>> necromasturbators" as this is derogatory.

> Please sorry me for this word.

Heheh. I've never heard anyone say that before. Though someone did

call me a necromancer a few years ago on FreeBASIC's forum due to my

support of DOS. ;-) Lemme find the full quote: "j00 r nt teh

necromanz0r!". I didn't understand at the time, but apparently a

necromancer is a fictional thing (off-topic: Hexen2 backported to

DJGPP ftw, hi Ozkan!) who is undead or revives the dead or something

goofy like that.

In essence, we're reviving a dead OS (in some peoples' eyes) by

supporting FreeDOS. Though I question their sense of history in

conveniently forgetting so quickly the impact DOS had (and still has).

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnnow-d2d