xp support will be phased out next year (2014).
there is support in windows 7 "xp mode" (via a virtual machine called microsoft
virtual pc) for win7ult. works on 64 and 32-bit. emulates 32-bit xp, which is
the only version that has command.com so it can run djgpp.
I need to test and see if my 64-bit box will run djgpp without modification...
this i something I need to find out, because I would still like to do dos
development.
it would be a quick test.
but my 64-bit box is inaccessible right now.