Hi,

I myself agree with the first and third point.

About the second, I'm not advocating for a different 32-bit OS (such as
FreeDOS-32). I also agree that one first target would be the UEFI stuff.
But at long term, I am of the opinion that VxDs are DOS drivers, as much as
the classic "DEVICE=" drivers are, and that is a neat way of preserve
running 16bit programs on a bubble and protected from the outside 32/64-bit
world  (and that in addition to CONFIG.SYS, has a file called SYSTEM.INI
for configuration and listing of which drivers are loaded; and a SYSTEM.INI
that has nothing to do with WIN.INI).

If FreeDOS 2.0 is going to be purely and completely 16-bit, in what differs
FreeDOS 2.0 from FreeDOS 1.3?

Aitor

PS: Btw, I continue to be a bit worried about [  www.japheth.de  ], anyone?