Well, I wasn't advocating that we leave behind our "16-bit roots"
altogether, because it is possible to still run 16- as well as 32-bit code
on a 32-bit OS.Then again, if we go to a 32-bit kernel and still run 16-bit
code... exactly what have we gained? Like I said before, I can see both
sides of this debate.

Keeping FreeDOS in the 16-bit realm will be the easiest thing to do and it
won't make the project inferior or hinder us that much, even if we add
modern features.