Hi Rugxulo,

> * chksum (6 kb)

How about some of our md5 and sha... sum implementations?

> * arclds (6 kb)

Is that like "file" but only for zip and other archives?

In that case my tiny 2 kB "filetype" tool seems better ;-)

> Possibly other low-level stuff too:
>
> * uhex (11 kb)

What is that?

> even old NASM 0.98.39 (limited 16-bit build) would be extremely nice

In any case, it is a classic, but is this for the 8086
compatible distro? Or is it for BASE in general? FASM
also is nice, I heard, so I agree with your FASM point.

Cheers, Eric