On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 19:48:20 -0500, David McMackins wrote:
> By boolean mask, do you mean something like all 1s over the colors for
> opaque and all 0s for transparent? The way I've got it now is just 1 bit
> in the color byte represents opacity. It's either opaque or transparent,
> and then the remaining bits are for colors.

1 bit sounds like a lot. You effectively loose half of your color space
because of that. Could make sense if you'd like to support many levels of
opacity, but if your are going for the old-school "transparent vs non-
transparent" then a single value representing "no opacity" would be much
more efficient.

Mateusz
--
FreeDOS is present on the USENET, too! alt.os.free-dos