I'll take a look at that. An idea I came up with last night while I was
asleep was a method that uses my current encoding.

With 4 pixels loaded in a 32-bit register:

AND the input pixels with the alpha mask
SHR this result so that the bit is in position 0
Multiply so that this bit is expanded to a full byte of 1s
AND the input and screen with this mask
OR the modified input onto the screen

I'm trying to think of how I may be able to skip something near the end,
but this is pretty good so far I think.

Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Supporting Member, Electronic Frontier Foundation (#2296972)
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.eff.org www.gnu.org www.fsf.org