While I was doing something else, I went on a tangent that led me to
look at the FreeDOS EDIT source code. I noticed some problems.

The first of these problems is that it appears at first glance EDIT has
a build dependency on Borland C. At least, there isn't a build script
for any other compiler. I think it was last packaged before Watcom was
the official preferred C compiler. I think it would be very important to
try and port it to Watcom for the next version of FreeDOS at least.

Next, it depends on the DFlat+ library, which I failed to find in the
software archives! I have an old copy of it from the FreeDOS 1.1
archives, but how is anyone new supposed to build this program without
its primary dependency?

Happy Hacking,

David E. McMackins II
Supporting Member, Electronic Frontier Foundation (#2296972)
Associate Member, Free Software Foundation (#12889)

www.mcmackins.org www.delwink.com
www.eff.org www.gnu.org www.fsf.org