A user emailed me (late last year) with a bug/issue report on
FreePascal in FreeDOS 1.3. I was going to (finally) reply to say they
really should ask the FreePascal people about this, but I realized I
couldn't really make out what they were saying. This is the part of
their email that relates to the FreePascal problem:

> I believe this is a Free Pascal issue because the short
> hello world test works, but if you decide to use any
> objects, the Video unit is completely missing.  There is
> reference to consolidation of the video functions but no
> references to where the the functions in that unit went.
> Actually as good as Free Pascal are, they are getting
> pretty sloppy with keeping their work updates current in
> their wiki.  There are a lot of circular references that
> are dead ends when it comes to useful information for
> experienced users.

Not sure what this is talking about, but I'm not a Pascal programmer.
And their email kept going off onto tangents, so it was hard to
follow. Does this "bug report" make sense to anyone?

Jim