Hi,

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 7:10 PM Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:

> > I believe this is a Free Pascal issue because the short
> > hello world test works, but if you decide to use any
> > objects, the Video unit is completely missing.

I don't do a lot of graphical programming, so I'm unfamiliar with the
"Video" unit.

"9 Units that come with Free Pascal"
"9.1 Standard units"

* https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/userse47.html#x157-1640009.1

It lists several, including "video":

"
video
Provides basic screen handling in a platform independent way, and
supports writing custom drivers.
"

I don't think this is meant to be "{$mode tp}" [turbo] compatible
(which only had "graph" and text mode "crt").

What are they trying to do, SVGA? VESA? Maybe something like Allegro
(lib) could help.

> > There is
> > reference to consolidation of the video functions but no
> > references to where the the functions in that unit went.

It's probably only used internally by some FPC utils, if even that
much. Maybe it has no maintainer or bitrotted, I don't know. But I've
never seen it used.