On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 10:06 AM Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
> I recall that Mateusz had a tool that could convert HTML files into
> AMA format, but I can't find it [..]

I found it:
https://osdn.net/projects/amb/scm/svn/tree/head/samples/fdhelp2amb/

(note: the OSDN website is very slooooooooooow for me)

The html2ama.c program will convert FreeDOS HTML Help files into AMA
format, so they can be bundled into an AMB file. The source code
starts with this warning that the code is basically a quick and dirty
conversion tool, so it may not work with other HTML files:

/*
 * html2ama has been primarily designed to mass-convert the html FreeDOS help
 * files into a set of AMA articles. It may or may not work with other
 * contents.
 *
 * Do not expect anything fancy, html2ama is dirty code.

I think Mateusz's suggestion was that FreeDOS Help adopt AMB format,
and to do a one-time conversion from HTML to AMA format, then continue
to work on the Help files as AMA files.