Hi Kernel Folks,

I ran across a small FreeDOS kernel bug that I wanted to bring to your attention. Small though it is in the grand scheme of things, it is big enough to bring me back to building the kernel if you guys can come up with an interim source code patch to fix it.

The problem is that a device-driven fixed hard drive, created through, for example, a config.sys device driver, returns ZERO in AL, meaning that the device is removable, in response to the IOCTL (44h) subfunction 08h -- check if block device is removable.

An identical configuration of drivers and devices under MS-DOS returns the correct AL=1 for device-driven fixed drives.

Is this something you guys know about? Could you give it a bit of attention when you can?

Thanks!