Hi!

12-Мар-2004 14:34 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kenneth J. Davis) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>>MHT> If this switch is intended for compatibility with DR-DOS, drive number

     This is rather functional compatablity, not syntaxtical.

>>     Inconsistent: address in /L option is hex-value. And I think, _here_
KJD> If the option is mimicking an existing option (in this case

     Not so. /O, as described by Matthias, only gives me idea how, but I
don't think that full mimick of DR-DOS SYS is important for us.

KJD> from DR-DOS sys), we should at least try to be compatible.
KJD> So wouldn't the better change to require/support the
KJD> 0x or $ or h notations for the /L option as well, and

     Matthias doesn't says that DR-DOS supports radix, other than 10. :)

KJD> use base 10, at least for the /O option, if not used
KJD> or complain/warn if a hex prefix/suffix is not used.

     Which reason to use decimal numbers for disk numbers? I don't think
that 128 is somewhat more readable than 80. I think, radix 10 for /L and
even for /O is useless.

KJD> Has your work been committed to cvs or is there a patch/
KJD> source archive around that one can look at?

     No, all work is currently on my disk. Also, call to put_boot() is
currently commented (because there are yet some unsolved issues - for
example, locking behavior), only interface (options parsing) and copy() is
working.