Hi!

13-Мар-2004 15:44 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jim Lilly) wrote to ark:

JL> Attached is [misc.zip]
JL> File notes from Jim Lilly;
JL> RSLT_SR6 - ZIP100, FAT, BOOTFIX results

     Looks valid and workable.

JL> RSLT_16  - ZIP100, FAT, BOOTFIX results

     Looks like there is problems: OS says that FAT starts from sector 1,
whereas boot record says that FAT starts from sector 8. This may cause data
corruption if you will write into this drive.

     Which OS you was use for tests? Which software you use to prepare
(format) these ZIP diskettes?

     Also, disk geometry in boot record differs from one, reported by OS.
This is, probably, not very important (in given case), but who knows. Also,
as sayed by volume label, first disk (which is consistent) is from SPINRITE
package (or formated by SPINRITE :).

JL> RSLT_32  - ZIP100, FAT32, BOOTFIX results

     Completely incorrect results: boot records says, that this is FAT32,
whereas OS says, that this is FAT16. Any file write should be dangerous.

     Looks like this diskette was prepared by NT-family (XP?) - boot sector
mentions NTLDR.

JL> Bootsect32.BMP - ZIP100, FAT32, on screen error message, COPYBS C:
JL> bootsect

     Let me quote:

[...]