Luchezar,

> FreeDOS formatting tool is FORMAT currently maintained by Eric Auer. Why
> don't you try to use FORMAT on your ZIP first?

I would if I could, but FreeDOS doesn't 'see' the ZIP drive, it only sees A:
& the CDROM. Therefore FreeDOS won't allow me to do anything to my ZIP drive.

> By the way, doesn't IOMEGA recommend that only their tools be used for
> formatting ZIP disks?

Correct, which I only found out about this morning.

> Perhaps ZIPs are somewhat non-standard and / or picky about the tools used
> to deal with them?

Perhaps you missed this;

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K379136B7

" Should I format my Jaz or Zip disk with FAT32?

Answer
Iomega® does not support nor recommend the use of
FAT32 formatting with Zip® or Jaz® disks.

Warning: Data integrity maybe an issue using FAT32
formatting. Iomega recommends formatting Zip and Jaz disks with the
IomegaWare™ software format option."
 --

     Jim Lilly - Team Z
     http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/teamzBios.jsp