On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Arkady V.Belousov wrote:

> 20-éÀÌ-2004 00:55 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bart Oldeman) wrote to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>
> BO> encouraging... In any case, I appreciate that a bug was found in
> BO> ludivmul.inc; the same bug was in fact present in the 64 bit version I
> BO> adapted it from! Well I notified the original author.
>
>      BTW, may you point me place, where I may see the prove that present
> algo is correct? I myself prove this, but my prove not looks beauty to
> include into comments as explanation. :(

I'm not aware of any direct proofs but you'll get a long way with Donald
E. Knuth's book "The Art of Computer Programming", Volume 2, Seminumerical
Algorithms. He covers 2n-base / 2n-base division if only n-base/n-base
division is provided. A bit of simplification is possible if 2n/n already
exists.

>      My bugfix-list for umb_init() includes 7 positions. How I may "isolate"
> bugfixes from new umb_init() edition?!

Try to optimize something else, namely instead of "how do I fix it
while saving as many bytes as possible in the kernel" you play the game
"how do if I fix it while saving as many lines as possible in the diff".
Anyway, I already tried to explain you too many times, I presume it
doesn't help then.

Bart