Hello Aitor,

> Yes, but as I mentioned, the problem is that, how do we get collating
> tables, etc for other countries than US and Germany? We could rely on
> user's efforts to create those tables, but this can be quite laborious
> (provided that, for copyright issues, the COUNTRY.SYS of the
> "competitors" are distributable).

well - we get it the same way that the MS COUNTRY information was
collected - BY MANUAL EFFORT BY HOWEVER DOES IT - paid or not.

using MS COUNTRY.SYS isn't an option
other COUNTRY.SYS's simply don't exist.

and IMO the way that all your 100+ keyboard tables were obtained is -
even if it *might* not be strictly illegal - certainly far beyond any
means of 'fair use'

simply sort of 'disassembling' some work that MS has done, and
pretending this is our work, is hardly anything I appreciate.

so I would really dislike this continued in country.sys.

IMO, if it's important to have south guinean keybors support/collating
tables, some south guinean local should provide these tables.

and if nobody provides these tables - fine.

but ripping of MS(DOS/Windows/WinNT) these tables is really something
I dislike.

BTW: all MKEYB tables were created manually (AFAIK; at least if I did
them)
it would be easy to write a compiler/interpreter to make (X)keyb
tables usable in MKEYB as well; I simply don't like the tables.

tom