Hello Travis,

Travis Siegel wrote:
> When extracting a zip file that contains subdirectories, and using the
> -d command to recreate these directories:
> pkzip gives me an error each and every time it runs across a
> subdirectory, stating that it can't create it.  (it does though, so
Probably you are trying to extract a zip flie created by Info-ZIP's zip
in Linux. Described problem don't appear if an archive created by PkZip.
Info-ZIP's zip stores not only files, but also directories (look at
their attributes and type).

The list of archive created by Info-ZIP's zip in Linux:

           Filename: 1/
          File type: binary
         Attributes: ----
      Date and Time: Dec 17,2008  02:32:00
Compression Method: Stored
    Compressed Size:       0
  Uncompressed Size:       0
   32 bit CRC value: 00000000
         Created by:   PKZIP: 2.3 under *nix
  Needed to extract: PKUNZIP: 1.0

           Filename: 1/000.bin
          File type: binary
         Attributes: ----
      Date and Time: Dec 02,2008  20:30:18
Compression Method: DeflatX
    Compressed Size:   21389
  Uncompressed Size:   32768
   32 bit CRC value: 438fa175
         Created by:   PKZIP: 2.3 under *nix
  Needed to extract: PKUNZIP: 2.0

The list of archive created by Info-ZIP's zip in FreeDOS:

           Filename: 1/
          File type: binary
         Attributes: --wD
      Date and Time: Dec 17,2008  02:23:10
Compression Method: Stored
    Compressed Size:       0
  Uncompressed Size:       0
   32 bit CRC value: 00000000
         Created by:   PKZIP: 2.3 under MS-DOS
  Needed to extract: PKUNZIP: 1.0

           Filename: 1/000.bin
          File type: binary
         Attributes: --wa
      Date and Time: Dec 02,2008  20:30:18
Compression Method: DeflatX
    Compressed Size:   21389
  Uncompressed Size:   32768
   32 bit CRC value: 438fa175
         Created by:   PKZIP: 2.3 under MS-DOS
  Needed to extract: PKUNZIP: 2.0

The list of archive created by PkZip:

           Filename: 1/000.bin
          File type: binary
         Attributes: --wa
      Date and Time: Dec 02,2008  20:30:18
Compression Method: DeflatX
    Compressed Size:   21399
  Uncompressed Size:   32768
   32 bit CRC value: 438fa175
         Created by:   PKZIP: 2.5 under MS-DOS
  Needed to extract: PKUNZIP: 2.0

Probably pkunzip can't handle directories which have type "binary" and
have no "directory" attribute. I am not sure if this problem is related
to FreeDOS kernel... Unfortunately I have no access to my PC-DOS box
now, but I will test PkZip/unzip later.

--
Oleg O. Chukaev