Dear PerditionC,

    UBYTE DiskTransferBuffer[MAX_SEC_SIZE];

wastes 3,5 KB low memory for *everybody*, not only when it's needed.
regarding how much time we have spend until we had 640000 byte free
I think this is a bad idea

I also think that these experiments should NOT be in the stable
branch.

fork it, and make another 'unstable' branch if you want to experiment,
but don't experiment with code that is supposed to be stable.

Regards, Tom