On Mon, 17 May 2004, Michael Devore wrote:

> I have no idea what Eudora is doing, the e-mails look okay to me going
> out with plain style.  By the way, your original quote-back was not
> wrapped and indented, and Bernd's was, so what does that mean?

There is something strange here.

Eudora seem to be one of the main supporters of "format=flowed".
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1626hq.html

Yet Bernds mail uses according to the headers
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 (Windows/20040501)

but Michaels mail:
QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 5.1
-- note the "format=flowed" is missing!

(us-ascii becomes iso-8859-1 when replying to Arkady in a hopeless attempt
to deal with quoted cyrillic characters but that's a different story...)

Maybe all that's necessary is to change a few Eudora settings to convince
it to use "format=flowed" in its headers.

Happily for me "pine" has ^J to fix up any messed up quotes... And no
matter what other mailer I tried (even mutt) my fingers always seem to
want pine again.

Bart

p.s. to others, please don't ask me when I'm going to do this or that --
as I said I'm not even sure if there'll be a new FD kernel release
or even basic CVS updates before July -- most of the components of my
freedos test box are on their way to a container ship due to
arrive mid-July...