The problem  is solved.

I decompressed the pas2pic zip file the default way, without making
directories for units and examples.
The compiler looks in these static directories for the needed stuff.
Error output was not very precise, so I assumed that this is an
upper/lower cast  problem. It`s also mentioned somewhere
on the webpage.
It was 100 % my fault, so nothing is wrong with reedos.
Thanks for your input and and for this nice OS.

By the way: If you look for a free pascal compiler for the pic mcu, you
know the right address now. The webpage is very hard to find. :).

Greetings   Karim

--
  Karim
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]