Hello, all:

I've been bitten by an apparent bug in Turbo Pascal running on
newer computers.  Here is the only FreeDOS reference I can
find:
http://fd-doc.sourceforge.net/faq/cgi-bin/viewfaq.cgi?faq=Using_FreeDOS/303

This apparently also fails on MS-DOS 6.22 but DOES NOT fail on the
version of MS-DOS that ships with Windows 98SE (4.10.2222).

Does anyone know what this bug is and whether it could be fixed in
FreeDOS?  The program I'm running is the only reason I'm still
using DOS!  :-)  I'm going to try the Beta9 FreeDOS, but the
older version of FreeDOS would not run this program.

Thanks very much for any help.  I'd love to be able to switch to FreeDOS.

Mark