On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 09:21:15AM -0600, Jim Hall wrote:
> Jim Hall wrote:
> >John Price wrote:
> >
> >>The URL http://www.gcfl.net/pub/FreeDOS/kernel is invalid.
> >>The referrer URL was
> >>http://www.freedos.org/freedos/software/lsm.cgi?q=f&a=base/kernel.lsm
> >>
> >>Whoever is in charge of the kernel might want to change
> >>this to a valid URL.
> >>
> >>FreeDOS kernel work was fun while it lasted... :)
> >>

> >Hi John!
> >
> >The URL you mentioned was the 'Original-site' reference, which just
> >mentions the original site that started the FreeDOS Project.
> >

> Must not be thinking clearly this week (I was hit by a car last week.)
> That should read "... the previous site that maintained the FreeDOS
> kernel project."

OK, I don't mind, but I've started tracking when someone
tries to go to a URL that does not exist on my site
(trying to clean up bad URL's) and noticed people trying
to go to that URL.  All bad URL's now redirect to the main
page which has nothing to do with FreeDOS.  I don't mind
the extra traffic, but I just wanted to make you aware.

I'm happy to leave it as is if that's what you want.

> And yes, I'm fine.

You may be fine, but you dented up my hood pretty bad! :D

Glad you're OK.  Not to focus on the grim, but it's times
like those that make you think about who might take over a
popular project like FreeDOS.  Hope you have all that
planned out in case the unthinkable did happen.

> I'm sorry my president's an idiot. I didn't vote for him.

Ouch.  I guess you wouldn't like my bumper sticker then...

http://www.bumpertalk.com/bumpertalk/BD313A.html

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

--
At a day-care center, some of the children were talking
about their siblings.  "My brother takes horseback-riding

Have a great day and don't forget to laugh!

http://www.gcfl.net (The Good, Clean Funnies List): Good,
clean daily funnies you can safely tell your Mom!