> ;-). - there should be alt-number as shortcut for alt-w number, to select
> one of the first 9 editbox windows.

Don't know how to implement, but not having Alt+nn shortcuts is the most
annoying thing of FreeDOS Edit (and the reason why I was using MS-DOS Editor
on my FreeDOS box).

> - nothing in the clock time display should blink at all
>   ANSWER: easy to implement, depends on whether others agree on that :-).

I agree. One day I maked clock in the corner of my KDE desktop to blink but
removed that very soon :)

> Cancel OK Yes No messages) and menus.c (the menu tree definition). The
> latter can be tricky as the ~ in there define the hotkeys.

Changing hotkeys in localized versions is not nice but that's very popular
way. For example, Latvian version of Microsoft Office XP has different
hotkeys than English versions.

> - the help menu item should be right-aligned on the main menubar

I disagree with this. We don't need 100% M$ interface, we need functionality.

> should directly select an editbox window. COMMENTS WANTED: At the moment,
> Alt-Digit is in use because Alt-Number is the standard way to type special
> chars. Alt-W-Digit might be easy enough anyway. The clock should not blink

MS-DOS Edit allows you to enter 1st ASCII char with Alt+1 only after pressing
Ctrl+P :)
BTW, FreeDOS Edit (at least 0.6, sorry, don't have later version by the hand)
do not have this behaviour, what means - you cannot enter 8th ASCII character
as Alt+8 will always do Backspace.
And special chars is entered only with NumPad digits, not the "normal" ones.

--

Kristaps Kaupe,
http://kristaps.netparks.lv