Hi Blair,

Of course you only want MS boot sector, not MS kernel, for the Win2k
install versus dual-boot-not-wanted problem. MS DOS 6 supports no
FAT32, so for FAT32, you would use a MS Win9x FORMAT style boot
sector.

Yes, I think that's what we're heading towards - FreeDOS being able to install a 3rd party boot-sector but without Kernel.

I was hoping to test it this week with the development versions, but I had 4 Dell hardware failures to deal with. It's funny - the latest kit is proving to be the most unreliable! Hardly surprising really when you look at the shoddy "plastic" style engineering.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)