Bernd Blaauw escribió:
Arkady V.Belousov schreef:

MD> HIMEM and EMM386 set up on a clean memory map. It certainly isn't clean MD> after loading device drivers of varying allocations, the DOS shell, and
MD> various AUTOEXEC TSRs.

     Yes. But I say about difference between config.sys and command line,
not about difference between loading himem/emm386 before or after other
programs. Let example config.sys and autoexe.bat:

HIMEM and EMM386 blank (wipe out) the XMS contents? FDXMS also? in that case FreeCOM would probably crash quite soon, as it uses XMS to store quite a large part of its data.

Well, I don't think it will allocate to XMS before there's a XMS driver installed ;-)

Aitor