Michael Devore wrote:
And another warning: NASM done got it some bugs. Even with the relatively modest source of HIMEM, I hit a couple.

Have you told the NASM maintainers about these issues? I think they would probably be interested in working with you in order to fix the bugs. NASM is the "Netwide" assembler after all. It is developed by many individuals--many of them volunteers--working together over the internet, not by a large company like Microsoft or Borland. These companies can afford to hire people for quality assurance and testing. After all, their customers expect the product they purchase to work correctly. Customers can report bugs, which can be fixed by the developer's employees. NASM, on the other hand, is a volunteer project. The users must contribute to the product if they are unsatisfied with it.

I don't want this to sound like a rant. I just found your message to sound like one from someone who is willing to complain about something but unwilling to do something to solve the problem. Hopefully this is not the case.