On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 09:06:13 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

Hi,

>I basically want to have a multi-lingual program running under Freedos. My
>first doubt is how to select language and display Japanese.

FreeDOS have no double-byte language support.
Japanese, Chinese or Korean must be display through an external
program.

That kind of program will enable graphical display of the Japanese or
Chinese character by "translating" the double-byte high ASCII from
it's internal font table.

I've try to move Japanese MS-DOS (JDOS) font and driver to FreeDOS,
however, they didn't work. I guess M$'s driver must hook some
interrupt vector or entry point that only MS-DOS DOS have.

And sadly, I fail to find any free Japanese utility to type or just
display Japanese.

There're free Chinese system (BIG5) for personal use, and a utility to
"display" Chinese (BIG5).

Rgds,
Johnson.