Good day, All:

I have updated my procedure for adding FreeDOS to a WindowsXP
computer to match the new bootable CD I created.

With this CD (about 40 MByte free download), you can add
FreeDOS (or MSDOS) to almost any new computer running
WindowsXP in under an hour, without re-installing
WindowsXP.

The CD image has updated the procedure document and added
a simple batch file to the FreeDOS boot image (install.bat).
These are the only changes from the previous version.

Jeremy Davis has kindly provided space for this CD image and
procedure on his website: http://odin.fdos.org/dual/.

The procedure document is fdinst091.pdf and the ISO
image is fdinst091.iso.

After you do this, please let me know if you have any suggestions
to improve the procedure or the bootable CD.  Also, please let
the FreeDOS user's mailing list (freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net)
know about your progress.

I do not intend to do any more updates until I get some feedback.
This works...I've done at least a dozen machines and and
several other people have been successful dual-booting their
computers.

The procedure may not work on machines with RAID arrays or
SCSI disk drives, but these are uncommon.  It should work with
SATA disks and I have successfully dual-booted one computer with
an SATA disk drive.

Mark Bailey