Hi!

2-Июн-2006 18:17 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Blair Campbell) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

BC> DOS (including FreeDOS) will only boot from the first recognized
BC> partition.

      No. DOS booted from any partition, from where it will started by MBR.
And (default) MBR loads boot sector from any primary partition, marked as
"active" (bootable). The more so, with help of (3rd party, non-standard)
boot manager you may load DOS from anything (primary or logical partition),
but C: is assigned by DOS to primary partition, which marked as "active".

BC> Sof it you want to do this, you would have to use GRUB or
BC> another boot manager to 'switch' D: to C:.

      Not neccessary: SYS should copy system files (kernel.sys in case of
FreeDOS) _to_ _any_ requested partition, then you may start boot sector
from there in any way - through standard MBR (by making this partition
"active" before rebooting) or through 3rd party boot manager (which may or
may not mark booted partition as "active").