I'm looking for opinions on DOS GUI's.  I'm familiar with still-developing
OpenGEM, but I am especially interested in any freeware/open source GUI's
that provide for long names for program items (like MS-DOS DOSSHELL but with
a more modern look).  Also your judgment of the GUI's file manager,
stability and resource consumption.  Task switching is nice, especially if
stable, but that's a secondary concern.

An off-hand related thought: Is anyone using Arachne as a primary GUI?  If
so, the same kinds of questions apply about its shell support.