Hi Johnson, with a forum, you would have to log in
every time when you want to get the news. I prefer
receiving the DOS news in my mailbox automatically...

NNTP is more for higher traffic stuff and for situations
where most users only want to read a part of the
messages, plus, as Jim said, NNTP has a serious spam
problem.

A forum-like thing on our homepage is the FAQ: If
you have a problem with DOS, report it in the FAQ,
and check back from time to time to see if somebody
has added a description of the solution to your FAQ
entry. The best FAQ entries are linked from our Wiki,
from a page there called the MetaFAQ.

As we have many short mails between few people on
the list recently, those people might want to mail
each other directly, rather than through the list.

Even better would be interactive discussion on IRC
(irc.i7c.org #freedos, you can just log in without
needing an account) but this only works if you have
time at the same moment, which can be a problem
because FreeDOS is a world-wide project :-).

Eric

PS: Some people on IRC simply have their PC on
all the time, not very energy-saving... Pro: You
can write them all the time and they will see your
message when they get back. Contra: It is sometimes
hard to tell whether somebody is really online ;-).