Hi people!

Is there any software wich gives UTF-8 support to DOS? I often copy Linux text
files (which are UTF8 encoded) to my DOS computer and have *big* problems to
read them. Not only because of the LF/CR difference between DOS and Unix
worlds, by mostly because of the different support of extended characters. I
often use french, polish and russian characters in one file, that why the
UTF8 standard is pretty usefull to me...
It would be ideal if there were such a DOS "codepage" available, which would
be able to do an instant translation of the two-bytes linux special
characters and display them on the DOS display in a human-readable way...

I'm also trying to set up a cyrillic support in my FreeDOS instalation (i'm
currently learning russian), but I couldn't set it :( I tried the standard
stuff with MODE CON CP PREPARE & MODE CON CP SELECT and a EGA?.CPX file
(don't remember exactly which CPX file, but it was described as supporting
russian), but it don't seem to change anything... Maybe is there a russian
guy who might give me his FreeDOS autoexec / config files?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Fox