Hi Arkady,

Yes, 808. IBM-DOS has released that CP on those old IBM-DOS days. It is an
enhancement over cp866. It provides the Euro sign on codepoint FDh instead
of the international currency sign. All the rest is the same.

Because of the Euro sign, IBM-DOS codepages were adopted instead of their
MS-DOS counterparts as official for the following languages on FreeDOS. In
some cases, the CPxxx number is the same, but the IBM-DOS codepages
presented the Euro sign on codepoints which were left blank on their MS-DOS
counterparts:

1) Codepage 808 for Russian instead of cp866 (IBM-DOS/MS-DOS Cyrillic II);
2) Codepage 858 for Latin-1 (Western Europe) instead of cp850
(IBM-DOS/MS-DOS Latin-1);
3) Codepage 872 for serbian and macedonian instead of cp855 (IBM-DOS/MS-DOS
Cyrillic);
4) Codepage 848 for ukrainian instead of cp1125 (IBM-DOS/MS-DOS Ukrainian);
5) Codepage 849 for belarusian instead of cp1131 (IBM-DOS/MS-DOS
Belarusian);
6) IBM-DOS codepage 852 was adopted instead of MS-DOS cp852 for Latin-2
(Central Europe);
7) IBM-DOS codepage 857 was adopted instead of MS-DOS cp857 for Latin-5
(with turkish letters replacing icelandic ones);
8) IBM-DOS codepage 869 was adopted instead of MS-DOS cp869 for Greek;
9) When the time comes, IBM-DOS codepage 856 will be adopted instead of
MS-DOS cp856 for Hebrew;
10) When the time comes, IBM-DOS codepage 864 will be adopted instead of
MS-DOS cp864 for Arabic.

Links for DISPLAY, MODE and any other FreeDOS program are found at the
FreeDOS website, as usual.

Link for those IBM-DOS codepages, all available on PDF files:
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/globalization/codepages.html

Henrique