MS-DOS does. I have never tried UNINSTALL, but perhaps it had saved
already the bootsector so that you can come back to normal.
Its pair is called DELOLDOS, which I suppose would remove that
bootsector. Just speculating, I don't think it would remove the files
(btw to Chris Evans: I would use DELTREE and not ERASE).

About languages: there's a software contribution HOWTO in the FreeDOS
documentation project.

Avoid even mentioning FORTRAN or COBOL. They should be banned.

Aitor