> The most improtant step is to find the sound card driver of your DELL
> PC. It may be a SoundMAX, REALTEK or CMI chipset (AC97), to make AC97
> work in DOS, as I remember only MPXPLAY can.

AC97 can be unmuted quite easily in DOS with a utility.  MPXPlay
however does not require such a utility to work, and can play directly
to many sound cards without requiring special SB emulation drivers.
See mpxplay.sf.net (it is a VERY good music player, supporting a wide
variety of sound formats).

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya