Well here goes since no messages made it to me since Monday.

First for such an old laptop if you want Suse be sure to have at least
20 gig free for a min install.  If you cant get more than 256 mb on it,
I have a full set of 9.2 with an update disk.  Support will die with the
advent of 10.2.  I will attempt 10.0 when I get some more memory for
this PII 350Mhz.

This way your covered on the wifi etc.  Though watch it in a university
some of then are implementing a clampdown.  If WIFI is detected the
local node cranks back to 56k.

CWSIV