From: charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2007 9:56:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] ASPI driver

basudeb gupta wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there an ASPI driver for FreeDOS? Where can I get it?
>
> Also, where can I get the specs of that driver so that I can write a
> program and access a SCSI hard disk?
>
> Thanks
> Basudeb

I've had the same problem with FreeDOS not accessing hard drives.  From
what I can tell by testing various programs under FreeDOS and MS-DOS is
that the FD fdisk program does it's own thing and fails to recognize a
SCSI drive unless you issue "set FFD_VERSION=6" at the command prompt
(without quotas).  This won't help you however.  This basically puts
fdisk in a type of 16-bit mode and the limitations of FAT 16 partitions
only.  In other words no larger than 2GB FAT 16 partitions.  But it gets
even worse.  The FreeDOS kernel doesn't seem to want anything to do with
the SCSI int 13h extensions and completely ignores them.  This also
includes loading an ASPI driver.  So until this gets addressed us SCSI
users are SOL when it comes to FreeDOS.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW what is your system specs including SCSI card.