Hi Frank,

is the OLB freely downloadable in the version you use?
You write that the problem might be in a batch file,
maybe you could cut and paste the text of that batch
file in a mail to me (I assume it would be too long
for sending it in a mail to the whole list).

As things work on the same hardware in MS DOS, as far
as I understand, there seems to be a problem with
FreeDOS, indeed. You could also try if the problem is
already triggered when you load the command.com of
FreeDOS after booting MS DOS. The other way round, you
could try the MS DOS command.com after booting FreeDOS.
In the latter case, use a VERSION=6.20 (or similar)
option in (fd-) config dot sys. Easiest way to test is
to have a FreeDOS diskette around, for example Balder.

Another thing to test is doing the things done by MM
dot bat manually. What does AV-B mean, is it a full
version as opposed to a free version? Then maybe the
switch from MS DOS to FreeDOS made OLB believe that
you installed it on another PC, and triggered some
sort of protection.

Eric