Jose Antonio Senna wrote:
> JIm Lemon wrote:
>

>>This is almost invariably an older version of unrar trying to uncompress
>>a file compressed with a newer version of rar. As Oleg noted, go to
>>rarlabs and get the latest version.
>

>  Last time I did access <www.rarlabs.com> I could not find any version
> of unrar (free), just winrar (includes unrar but must be paid and is for
> Windows).
>  Did anyone check the link lately ?

Go to rarlabs, select the "Downloads" option on the left side menu and
in the "English Winrar and rar release" section at the top you will find
a Linux trial version. I'm not sure how long the trial lasts, but it
will get you out of a jam, and if somebody wants to program an unrar
that works for free (I've tried at least three and they didn't do the
job) that would be great. Otherwise we should pay fer what we gets.

Jim