Why does most people like GRUB? I don't like it. :-) I think, there are
many better boot-managers.

Bye

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 03:38:30 +0200, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I like the open source program GAG for this.  It doesn't require a
> partition
> and I find it MUCH easier to set up and configure than GRUB.  It isn't
> quite as pretty, but you only see it for a few seconds.
>
> gag.sourceforge.net
>
> Mark

> From: "Jim Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> You can do this with any sufficiently-capable boot manager.  I used to
>> use V Communications' "System Commander", once upon a time.  Don't
>> know if it's still available.  Used to be fairly cheap: about $40
>> (US).  There are probably lots of other commercial utilities you can
>> find at a Best Buy or similar place, if he wants something that comes
>> as shrink-wrapped software.
>>
>> The open source ($0) XOSL does this too, I think.  As you mentioned,
>> so does GRUB.
>>
>> -jh

>> > It's easy on Linux, specially with grub.
>> >
>> > The trick is: have two primary partitions, one of them active, none
>> > hidden. There is a command in GRUB to change tha active partition "on
>> > the fly" prior to boot.
>> >
>> > The advantage is that nothing needs to be special, each run in C: and
>> > the other is still available (at the last letter)
>> >
>> > Alain

Using Arachne, the smallest and smartest browser in the world.

It is true, that no one can essentially cultivate exact science without
understanding the mathematics of that science. But we are not to suppose
that the calculations and equations that mathematicians find so useful
constitute the whole of mathematics. The calculus is but a part of
mathematics.  (James Clerk Maxwell)