Hi Giorgos,

Virtual Box is working well.
It is fast - nearly as fast as virtual pc 2007.
In emulating FreeDOS there is no problem at all.
There seem to be some issues with acpi but that is irrelevant for using
freedos in most cases.

The binary you can get from virtualbox.org is only free for private use.
If you want to use it for business you have to compile it from sources
by yourself.

You can get help in the virtualbox forum.

Regards

Norbert